Monday, January 21, 2013

Bacon Wrapped Almond Stuffed Dates

 

Whew! What a mouthful! I was "flipping" through Flipboard when I saw a salad with dates, walnuts and red onions. I do not have walnuts, only almonds so I typed, dates, almonds and salad and the result I got was different recipes of Bacon Wrapped Almond Stuffed Dates.

I was inspired by my FBS reading this morning. It was only 106! I think because I only had salad for dinner last night?

So..... I want it to happen again tomorrow when I wake up. I cannot check it though because I have one glucose strip left and I still have to get my supplies at Bambang. I am saving my last strip for emergency.

Bacon Wrapped Almond Stuffed Dates

5 pcs. Dates, cut into half

10 pcs. Raw almonds

5 strips bacon, cut into 2

Insert the almond into the halved date, wrap the bacon around the date.

Bake at 375F for about 10 minutes or until the bacon is crisp.

It was crispy...salty.... Then sweet when you get to the date... And then crunchy when you bite into the almond. So many layers of texture and taste.

I added them to my salad.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment