Thursday, April 19, 2018

Brown Adobo

I was just trying to cook fried chicken the other day when I decided to boil the chicken I marinated and turn it into Brown Adobo.

Hermie and I liked it so much because it was not too "asim" (sour).

In fact, I am going to cook it again.  I have many adobo recipes in my blog shared by friends but this is my favorite at the moment.

Brown Adobo


700 g. chicken, legs or thighs
2 T. vinegar
1 T. Coconut brand soy sauce
1/2 t. rock salt
1/2 t. coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 t. MSG (optional)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 C. water
1/4 C. cooking oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1-2 t. Knorr seasoning

Marinate the chicken in vinegar, soy sauce, salt, pepper, garlic and MSG overnight.  Do NOT skip this part.

Boil the chicken with marinade in 1/2 C water for 30 minutes.

Drain the chicken pieces and set aside the sauce.

Fry the chicken then put on a serving plate.

Brown the garlic in the oil where the chicken was fried.

Add the sauce and reduce until slightly thick.

 Add   Knorr seasoning then pour over the fried chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment