Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Baked Chicken Breast with Lemon, Garlic and Rosemary

FBS: 185

NO way!!!! This week and next week are very important to me.  I have to have a low to normal FBS for my 3 month average test before September 25!!!!  I am really trying my very best to eat as healthy as possible.

I was experimenting with Baked Spanish Chicken but did not get the taste I was looking for.  It still tasted good though, like Ala Kiev but without the cheese.  I will not stop until I get it right.

Baked Chicken Breast with Lemon, Garlic and Rosemary



1 chicken breast, deboned
1 lemon, juice of
1 t. rock salt
freshly cracked black pepper
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp. dried rosemary
2 T. butter, cut into small cubes
dash of paprika
dash of nutmeg

Marinate the breast in lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary for a minimum of 5 hours.

Sprinkle nutmeg and paprika on the breast.  Insert the garlic cloves and cubed butter under the skin of the chicken.

Heat oven to 350F and bake chicken for 30 minutes.  Let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.

Serve with salad.

Orange and Red Onion Salad



lettuce leaves
orange segments
red onion, cut into rounds

Arrange the lettuce, orange segments and onions rings on a plate.

Mix all the ingredients for the dressing.

1/2 T. olive oil
1 t. Cava wine vinegar
1 t. sugar
freshly cracked black pepper

Food Diary:

Breakfast:

Scrambled eggs with Cheese

Lunch:

1/2 C. rice
Pork Nilaga



Snack:

Filling of canneloni
sliced fruits with chocolate sauce
1 pc. jumbo hotdog

Dinner:

Half Baked Chicken Breast
Orange and Red onion Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment