Monday, October 28, 2013

Election Weekend Food

I was in the supermarket yesterday and did a little food shopping for the week. Beef Kalitiran for Beef Mechado, chicken for Tinola, a whole chicken - I don't know what to do with it yet, ground beef for Hamburger Steak, pork liempo, pork kasim for BBQ, chicken liver for pate, tahong and vegetables.

I followed the Chicken Liver Pate recipe from my blog.

I ate it with Apple slices since I cannot eat it with Melba toast.

I loved the Tahong soup! I used fresh ginger.

Tahong Soup

1/4 C. Cooking oil

3 cloves garlic, crushed

1 onion, sliced

1 inch knob of ginger, sliced thickly

1 T. Patis

4 C. Water

1 t. Rock salt or to taste

Freshly cracked black pepper

1/2 K. Tahong

Bunch of sili leaves

Heat the oil in a wok or soup pot. Sauté garlic, onions and ginger over low heat for about 3 minutes. Add the patis and continue sautéing until almost reduced.

Add the water, salt and pepper. Adjust according to your taste.

When the broth boils briskly, drop the Tahong and cook until the shells open.

Add the sili leaves and cook for one more minute.

I really enjoyed my Tahong soup. I ate it with the leftover Pancit Sotanghon cooked in pork fat.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment