Sunday, August 19, 2012

Mexican Birthday Fiesta


Finally!

The day has arrived! After months of planning and research, I just celebrated my Mexican Birthday Fiesta with my friends!



Menu:



Chile Cheese Corn Flautas with Garlic Dip



Nachos with Cheese/Cheese-Jalapeno Sauces







Taco Bar



Ground beef



Shredded lettuce



Cheddar cheese



Pico de Gallo



Roast Chicken and Montery Jack Cheese Quesdadillas



Beef Fajitas with red, green and yellow peppers



Soft Tortilla



Guacamole



Chili con Carne with condiments



Sour cream



Mild Cheddar Cheese



Cilantro



Chopped onions



White Sangria



Everybody was happy with their food!  Look at our plates laden with yummy Mexican fare!



Jing



Mona



Mariger



King - cousin of Mariger



Mariger and King



Mayette



Tricia



Corry and Tita Cena



Jon and Mon



Tita Baby of Jon and Mayette



Oh look!!!  I have a "boy" visitor!!!!  hehehehehe.  



We always enjoy ourselves whenever I celebrate my birthday. We missed you, Celina!!!

With Sophie... she is taller than me now!




I am so grateful I have a lot of friends and they love me!







Recipes:

White Sangria

1 bottle white wine, chilled
1 L. Orange juice, chilled
1.5 L. 7 up, chilled
1 lime, sliced
1 lemon, sliced
Sugar syrup, chilled (1 C. water and 1 C. sugar - boil until sugar dissolves)

Combine all the ingredients in a pitcher.

Roast Chicken and Monterey Jack Cheddar Cheese Quesadillas

Roast Chicken, shredded
1 bar Monterey Jack  Cheddar Cheese, grated
8-inch flour tortillas
olive oil

Heat a non-stick pan or cast iron pan. Pour a little olive oil.  Place one tortilla on the pan.  Sprinkle 1/4 C. cheese, 1/4 C. chicken and another 1/4 C. cheese.  Cover with another piece of tortilla.  When the bottom is brown, flip the tortilla and cook until the other side is a bit brown.  Serve with Pico de Gallo

Pico de Gallo

Tomatoes
red onions
chile, canned
cilantro
lime, juice of
rock salt
freshly cracked black pepper

Chop all the vegetables and season with salt, pepper.  Add the lime juice.

Guacamole

Avocado, mashed
Pico de Gallo

Mash the avocado and add Pico de Gallo

Flautas Dip

1 pack Mayo Magic (220 ml.)
1/2 C. evaporated milk
1 head garlic, minced finely
few drops of tabasco

Combine all the ingredients and chill before serving.

11 comments:

  1. ola! bonita nina! su comida es rico! estoy satisfecha. muchas gracias!

    ReplyDelete
  2. always looking forward to your birthday celebration Li!!! no more happy birthday everyday?:-> next year again!!! let's start saving for the lechon...corry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Corry! Will save in my piggy bank for the piggy! hehehehe

      Delete
  3. This is the best Lia. I wonder what we'll have next year. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, i miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What color of blouse would you have worn, Celina??? Saka.... ano kakainin mo dun food?

      Delete
    2. I would have worn GREEN! I will eat everything, you know how i love mexican food!

      Delete
  5. oh wow! everything looks so good! how i wish i can try your creations... hihihi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vicky! I wish I can let you try my cooking also!

      Delete