Friday, September 11, 2015

Children's Sweet Style Spaghetti Sauce

My very first cooking experiement when I was 9 years old was Spaghetti Sauce.
Over the next few years I've tried different recipes until I have perfected it according to my taste and apparently to the taste of my family and friends.
Children's Sweet Style Spaghetti Sauce (good for 500 grams uncooked noodles)
1/4 C. Cooking oil
2 T. Garlic, minced
1/2 C. Onions, chopped
1/4 C. Green pepper, chopped
500 gr. Ground beef
500 gr. Del Monte Tomato sauce
1/4 C. Pickle relish
1/2 C. White sugar
1/2 T. fine salt
1/2 T. MSG ( optional but not for me)
1/4 t. Ground black pepper
Saute garlic, onions and green pepper in oil until soft over medium heat.
Add the ground beef. Mash the beef with the back of the spoon so it is not lumpy.
Continue sauteing until the liquid evaporates and oil has been rendered from the beef.
Add the tomato sauce....
Pickle relish
Sugar and the rest of the ingredients.
When it begins to boil, lower heat and cook for 45 minutes stirring every 5 minutes.
Do NOT remove the oil or else it will not taste good.
I do not put cheese on my spaghetti only because I do not like cheese but try it first without. You will notice it is well seasoned already.

Super Sweet Spaghetti

Same ingredients and procedure as above but with a few addition and changes.

1. No green pepper
2. Add 3/4 C. sugar instead of 1/2 C.
3. Use Del Monte Sweet Style Spaghetti Sauce.
4. Add 6 pcs, Purefoods classic hotdog, sliced


3 comments:

  1. Hi Lia. I've experimented putting pineapple juice on Filipino style red sauce spaghetti and it was also good. Instead of pickles, maybe you can try this one too and see (or taste) for yourself :-) ---- Brent's mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Brent's Mom! I am going to try your suggestion next time. Thanks!

      Delete