Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Cooking on a Rainy Day

FBS: 82

Imagine all the grilled food I ate at Yaki Mix yesterday and yet my FBS even went lower today.  It really makes you wonder what really raises the sugar level.  I did not eat anything with wheat.  I even had my Langka Flavored shave ice.

It has been raining the whole day!  It really would not let up, I hope it stops soon because I know a lot of places are flooded already.  Praying for everybody's safety.

With this kind of weather there are many perfect activities.  One is just staying in bed huddled under the blankets or one can bake or cook the whole day!  Which I did.

I always see Kinulob na Tilapia at Milky Way, Rockwell, been wanting to experiment and I got my chance today.  I researched online and found a recipe without the packaged sinigang mix.

Kinulob na Tilapia



3 pcs. Tilapia, cleaned and scaled
1 t. rock salt
1/2 C. tomatoes, chopped
1/4 C. onion, chopped
1/4 C. luyang dilaw (turmeric)
1 radsih, sliced
mustard leaves, boiled
1/2 C. fresh tamarind boiled in 1 C. water
1 C. water

Rub rock salt on the fish.  Fry slightly and then drain the oil.  Add the rest of the ingredients except the mustard leaves.  Season with salt and fish sauce.  After 15 minutes, add the mustard leaves and heat through.

Hahahaha funny story:

My 6 year old nephew, Renzo, went to my room and asked me if I wanted to see his new pet fish.  Then I asked him if he wanted to see MY pet fish.  Then I showed him the Tilapia simmering in the kitchen. 



He got angry and said: NOOOOOOOOO!   Hehehehehe my friends said that was funny and at the same time mean and cruel.  Well, I thought it was funny and have been giggling the whole afternoon.

I cooked again Rellenong Bangus because I wanted to redeem myself.  Last week I forgot to remove the scales of the fish.

Rellenong Bangus



1 medium bangus, cleaned, scaled and spilt open like a daing. (In some wet market, you can tell the fish vendor you will make relleno and they will remove the meat from the bangus.)
1 T. calamansi juice
3 T. soy sauce
garlic, chopped
onion, chopped
2 pcs. tomatoes, chopped
2 T. green pepper
2 T. carrot, chopped
2 T. raisins
1 t. Bragg's Liquid Aminos
1/2 t. rock salt
pepper
2 eggs, beaten


Scrape the meat of the bangus from the skin, leaving the belly fat intact.  Marinate the skin with calamansi and soy sauce.  Boil the meat of the fish in 1/2 C water with a little salt.  Drain and remove fishbones.






Saute in oil the garlic, onions and tomatoes.  Add the bangus meat, then the green pepper and carrots.  Season with Bragg's Liquid Aminos, salt and pepper.  Add the raisins.  Transfer onto a plate and let it cool. Add the raw eggs.



Lay skin of the bangus flat on a tray, then put the filling on top.   



Fold and sew the opening using an ordinary thread and tie a thicker thread around the fish.



Fry the fish on all sides.

Cool before slicing or wrap in tin foil and keep in the refrigerator.  Bake for a few minutes before serving.

I also baked (turbo broiler) Lechon Manok today and put lemongrass, garlic cloves and sampalok pods inside the cavity of the chicken.



Food Diary:

Breakfast:

1/2 C. rice
tawilis
fried egg

Lunch:

1/2 C. rice
Kinulob na Tilapia

Snack:

Cashews
Choc-nut (I read the label, there is no wheat.)

Dinner:

1/2 C. rice
Lechon Manok
patola

4 comments:

  1. great foodies. sarap kumin. :) excited to taste the kinulob na tilapia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for such a nice infomation. i too used to struggle with belly fat. i did 30 sit ups per day with no six pack. one day i came across http://www.nutrisculpt.com . i applied to tips and my body changed..

    ReplyDelete