Saturday, November 5, 2016

Pinoy Sweet Spaghetti Sauce

I have not posted anything in a while.  My food life has been so boring!  I had a few cravings but I forgot about them so it means it really wasn't a craving, at all.

I was in the supermarket last week when I saw the UFC Sweet Filipino Syle Spaghetti sauce.

                                               -ctto-
Lisa always buys it in the Asian store in New York.

I experimented with a new spaghetti meat sauce recipe.  It turned out alright, just like Jollibee's!  I already have a similar recipe in my blog, not the Children's Sweet Style sauce, but another one with hotdog slices.  I prefer the new  version, though.

Pinoy Sweet Style Spaghetti Sauce



4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 T. cooking oil
1/4 C. red pepper, chopped
250 gr. ground beef sirloin
150 gr. ground lean pork
100 gr. Purefoods hotdog, sliced
1/4 C. Del Monte tomato paste
500 gr. UFC Sweet Filipino Style spaghetti sauce
1 1/2 T. brown sugar
1 t. MSG (optional)

Saute the garlic and onions in oil until the onions are soft and transparent then add the red pepper.

After a few minutes, add the ground meat.

Cook it until it is no longer pink and oil has been rendred from the meat.

Add the hotdog slices and saute for an additional minute or two.

Add the tomato paste.  Continue sauteing and then add the UFC spaghetti sauce.

Let it simmer for 30 minutes over low heat.

Add the sugar and seasoning.

Pour over spaghetti noodles and top with grated cheddar cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment