Friday, November 12, 2010

"NEW" diet - day 2

I am now trying to follow  a diet by Dr. Michael Dansinger. http://blogs.webmd.com/life-with-diabetes-2/2009/10/eating-for-diabetes-reversal-part-7.html

Today is my second day... no red meat and almost no bread.  I'm still not able to follow the diet religiously but trying... one step at a time.  Even God took 7 days to create the world.

Ideally, I should eat 3 meals a day with a serving of protein (6 oz.), 1-2 cups of vegetables/fruits and different kinds of condiments.

I'm still not used to the amount of servings because they are huge!  I can't eat a heavy breakfast yet so I just had 1 egg, scrambled, a slice of Vintage cheese and 1 big Banana.


I could call it, The Yellow Breakfast!
I  met with Tita Portia and Kuya after mass at Cibo in Rockwell.  I only ordered Squash soup, potato chips with mayo - I know ... I shouldn't have ordered it but I can cheat, it's only my second day, plus I shared my chips with them.  I also had a quarter of Shrimp sandwich.

Dinner was Boneless Bangus - Beefsteak style


Marinate the fish in 2 pcs. calamansi and 2 T. soy sauce for 5 minutes.  Pan fry in 1 T. oil.  Set aside the fish.  Saute the red onion rings slightly, add the reserved marinade with 2 T. water. Pour over the fish.

Pinakbet with no pork



garlic, chopped
onion, sliced
3 tomatoes, sliced
2 T. raw alamang
leftover shrimp heads
1 C. water
eggplant, sliced
sitaw, cut into 2 inch length
okra, cut into 2
squash, sliced thinly then cut into squares

Saute in little oil the garlic, onions and tomatoes.  Then add the alamang and the shrimp heads.  Add one cup water, when it boils, layer the eggplant, sitaw, okra and squash.  Cover and cook until vegetables are crisp tender.

It's already 11:00 pm and I don't feel the need to eat a midnight snack.  Hopefully, this diet works.  Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment