Sunday, September 5, 2010

White Cheese Pomelo Grapes and Nut Salad

This is a salad I used to order in Kitchen at Greenbelt 3. I checked out munchpunch.com for their menu and was able to get the ingredients for the salad.

Salad greens
White Cheese
Pomelo
Red and Green Grapes
nuts

Balsamic Dressing (my own experiment)

1/2 t. Balsamic vinegar
1/2 t. honey
1 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil

I really don't like Balsamic vinegar but tried to make a dressing using it . I could honestly say this isn't one of my favorites. It took me 45 minutes to finish my salad! I suppose it is an acquired taste. Some people love it, I don't. I will have to give away my new bottle.



Hermie made Corn soup with mussels for me. I was having lunch one time at Cyma in Shangrila when the couple beside my table ordered steamed mussels with the salad. Ideally, the salad is a good match for the mussels.

I hope my experiment tomorrow will be better than tonight's salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment