Sunday, April 17, 2011

Thai Food with the "UK" gang

My friends and I just held a garage sale last Friday at my house.  My Kuya asked yesterday,  "How is the "Ukay-Ukay" gang????"



Hahaha He is very funny.  When we were in college, my family would call my friends "the blue and white army", because a battalion of girls wearing blue and white uniform  from Assumption College would descend on our house in full force.

Our garage sale food theme  was Thai.

Jing's assignment  was the Chicken Pandan.... she bought it from the Magnolia Chicken Station and just fried it in my kitchen.



I put the girls to work.  They have their own food assignments and I just guided them.

Sherman taking a peek.





















Mona's assignment was the Catfish Salad.



Catfish Salad



1/2. K Catfish
1 green mango, shredded
2 T. Thai fish sauce
2 T. brown sugar
juice of 1 lime
1 red chili, chopped coarsely
50 g. roasted cashew, chopped
sliced shallots

Steam the catfish, cool, remove the skin, debone and flake.  Deep fry in batches.  Drain on paper towel.

Combine fish sauce, brown sugar and lime juice.  Add the red chili.

Put the shredded green mangoes on a serving plate, top with crunchy catfish, sprinkle cashew nuts and shallots then drizzle dressing over it.

Celine cooked Tom Yum Soup



Tom Yum Soup



1/4 K. shrimps
1 can straw mushroom, sliced into two, lengthwise
lemongrass
knob of ginger
5 cups water
Tom Yum paste
1 pouch Maggi Sinigang mix
1 T. fish sauce
cilantro leaves
 
Boil the lemongrass and ginger in water for 5 minutes, remove them. Add the tom yum paste and sinigang mix.  When it boils add the shrimps and the mushrooms.  Season with fish sauce.  Add the cilantro leaves before serving.

Note: The tom yum paste is very spicy so, add more water according to taste.



I made my version of Bagoong Rice.





It was so much fun cooking with the girls, although my kitchen is very small, we took turns cooking our food assignments.



The end result was delicious!  We all ate our Thai food to our hearts content.



  Hehehe and to our waistlines content too.  We all vowed to be on a diet starting Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment