Thursday, December 30, 2010

Tuyo on a rainy afternoon after spending the whole morning cooking and baking.





Tuyo on a rainy afternoon is the best merienda!  And I love eating it with "kanin lamig" or left over rice.  I just ate it a few minutes ago.  By the time I remembered to take a picture, I have eaten several pieces already  hahaha  but still 1 lucky shot for my blog.


I cooked the whole morning and now I'm ready for our New Year's eve celebration tomorrow.  I already made 2 rolls of pork embutido.  I feel disappointed because my maid couldn't find leaf lard or "sinsal" in Guadalupe market, so mine are not as good as my Lola's. I used ground pork, ham, vienna sausage, pickle relish, olives, eggs, raisins and chorizo de bilbao.  I like to serve it cold like coldcuts rather than hot.

I also baked Sans Rival and made Leche Flan.  I used my Lola's recipe, very easy.  The flan is smooth and creamy!


Leche Flan


8 egg yolks
1 tall can Carnation evaporated milk
1 can Carnation condensed milk
1/2 t. vanilla
1/2 C. white sugar

Melt sugar in frying pan without stirring, just tilting and swirling the pan.  When golden in color, pour in a "llanera" or baking pan.  I melted the sugar directly in my 8 inch round baking pan.  Let it cool and harden for 5 minutes.

Beat eggyolks then gradually add the evaporated milk, then the condensed milk.  Add the vanilla and pour into prepared pan.  Cover with tin foil and steam for 1 hour over low heat.  Cool.  Serve chilled.

I also made the filling for the Molo soup and the stock.  I tried a few pieces and it turned out ok.

Molo Soup


Molo wrapper (preferrably from Ling Nam in Tomas Pinpin, Binondo)
1/4 K. ground pork
1/2 C. singkamas, chopped finely
1/4 K. shrimps, peeled, deveined and chopped
1 egg
1 T. flour
1 big white onion, chopped finely
1 head garlic, minced
10 C. chicken broth
1 Knorr chicken cube
salt and pepper
green onions
toasted garlic

Combine ground pork,  singkamas, shrimps, half of the onion and half of the garlic, egg and flour.  Season with patis, salt and pepper.  Wrap in molo wrappers.  You can freeze and just drop in simmering NOT boiling soup stock when ready to use.

Saute onions then the garlic in oil.  Add the chicken broth.  Season with patis, salt, pepper and knorr chicken cube.  Drop the dumplings in simmering soup stock.  Garnish with chopped spring oinons and toasted garlic.

I'm a little tired but at least I will be  less stressed on New Year's eve.  I also made Rellenong Bangus the other day, it's in the chiller already.  Tomorrow, Hermie will just grill the barbecue.  I don't know if I should buy hotdogs.  I know the kids don't like them much.  I definitely have to go to Market!Market! to buy puto to be eaten with the Pancit Molo soup.  Ate will make Lasagna.

I wish we all have a very Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I have something new to try. I want to make some leche flan today. I hope it works and turns out to be exactly like yours. How do you melt the sugar by itself, without any liquid and without burning it? Wth very low heat?

    ReplyDelete