Tuesday, October 25, 2016

The Easiest Bicol Express Recipe

I have been cooking Bicol Express for several years now.  Sherman and Jing taught me how to make it.

This is one of the easiest dishes that I have ever learned!!!!

We have perfected the recipe!!!

Jing and Sherman's Bicol Express


1 K. Skinless pork kasim cut into cubes

2-4 T. bagoong alamang (not the sauteed bottled bagoong)

1 big onion, sliced

1 head garlic, chopped

400 ml. Coconut cream in can

200 gr. sili pang sigang (jalapeno, cut lengthwise, deseed then cut crosswise)

1 t. rock salt, as needed

1 t. MSG, optional

Place all the ingredients in a pot with lid except the sili and salt.

When it boils, lower the heat and simmer until pork is tender, about 2 hours, stirring occassionaly.

Season with salt if needed.

Add the sili in the last 5 minutes of cooking.

Serve with lots of steamed white rice.

I also cooked bagoong alamang which the Uber driver taught me.


Ohhh how beautiful!  Look at all the fat I used!


I am dreaming of the Bicol Express.  I shared it with my neighbors, Kuya and family, so now I want to cook it again!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Hello Lia, Thanks for this wonderful recipe. I have posted my own version or Bicol Express too. You can visit the Link in my name. See you in my Recipe Blog. Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Juan, for reading my blog! Will check out your link.

      Delete