Friday, October 21, 2011

Kamias Shake

The very first time I had Kamias shake was several years ago at the restaurant of Mina Gabor in Roxas Blvd.  Then I was able to drink again in Cebu!  It was really good, I would fly back to Cebu just for the Iba Shake!  Hahahaha  and eat it with Lechon, of course.

I told my friends it is very easy to make.



We have a Kamias tree in our backyard but after the recent typhoon, Hermie said there were no more fruits.  I was able to buy in the market this morning.  I placed 1/4 K. in the juicer,  then transferred into the Osterizer with 1 C. ice cubes and 5 packs of Splenda.  You can use 1/4 C. sugar syrup and blend for a few seconds.

Sugar syrup 1:1  1 C. water + 1 C. sugar

Boil until sugar melts, cool before using.  Can be stored in the fridge.


I tried cooking Humba last night because I liked the Humba I ate in Cebu but it did not turn out the way I wanted it to be!!!

Hahahaha It was actually SCARY!!!!



It tasted like Paksiw na Pata!   So, I just bought saba and fried the bananas, added it to the Paksiw and dried banana blossom.  I added steamed Taiwan pechay..

So much better!!!! 110% better!



Paksiw na Pata

500 g. pata slices
4 T. vinegar
3 T. soy sauce
4 T. brown sugar
1/2 T. tausi
1 C. water
1 bunch dried banana blossom
6 black peppercorns
4 pcs. saba banana, sliced into 3 diagonally and fried

Boil pata with the rest of the ingredients except fried banana.  When the pata is tender, add the bananas, simmer until the sauce is thick.

Hermie cooked monggo soup for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment