Saturday, December 14, 2013

Stovetop Grilled Liempo

I just cooked something so easy today! And let us not forget, fast! I was so busy cooking and baking so "fast food" was the meal of the day.

Stovetop Grilled Liempo

200 g. Grill cut Liempo, skinless - room temperature

1/4 t. Fine salt

1/4 t. Freshly cracked black pepper

1/4 t. MSG (optional)

1 t. Cooking oil

Marinate the pork in salt, pepper, msg and oil for 10-15 minutes.

Heat a cast iron stovetop grill until smoking hot.

Lay the Liempo and cook until the pork turns golden brown in color, about 2-4 minutes. Flip over once and cook until the color is the same as the other side.

Serve wth vinegar, soysauce, Knorr seasoning and chopped chile as dipping sauce.

I spent the entire afternoon baking Sans Rival, my birthday gift to my Ate and her husband, Butch, who are both celebrating their birthdays next week.

My yummy buttercream icing!

I almost burned the cashew nuts I was roasting in the oven because I was too busy licking off the icing from the Kitchen Aid paddle attachment!

I opted to make several personal sized Sans Rival.... Layered the wafer with buttercream.

Then sprinkled with roasted chopped cashew nuts.

Oh My Goodness!!!!!! I received a box of Apple Strudel today!

I prayed so hard that I do not succumb to temptation but the resident evil won!

I had one slice with sauce!!!! Oh myyyyy but it was so flaky!

I broke my wheat-free lifestyle!

But the Apple Strudel was worth it!!!!

If you are going to commit a sin, make sure you enjoy while doing so!

The Apple Strudel can be ordered from Tita Linda Floro.

It was a very tiring day. I finished steaming the Embutido rolls at 11:30 pm!!!

I have to wake up early tomorrow and cook my family's lunch.

Nite! Nite!

The Wriggly Chronicles

Wriggly alternates sleeping between his doggy bed and his new blanket from Ninang Happy.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment