Monday, October 28, 2013

Pork BBQ with Java Sauce

I experimented with another version of Pork BBQ. I do not like the one with ketchup anymore. I just wanted the old-fashioned Pork BBQ that my Lola and I used to make every New Year's Eve. That was our yearly date. We would mix the marinade first and taste it before adding the meat.

I really loved my new recipe! I like it even better than the BBQ we used to sell! The taste made me remember my childhood years. Most of my memories are associated with food.

Ohhhhh and I also experimented with Java sauce! It turned out really delicious! I think even better than Aristrocrat's!

Oooopsss! That's where I get into trouble when I brag about my food. The next time I make it... Does not come out as good. Mom used to remind me all the time to be humble and modest when it comes to my cooking.

Pork BBQ

1/2 K. Pork kasim, sliced thinly

1/4 C. Brown sugar

1/2 t. Rock salt

1/2 t. Freshly cracked black peppercorn

1/2 t. MSG

1 T. Soy sauce

1 T. Knorr Seasoning

1 T. Calamansi juice

1 red chili pepper, chopped

6 cloves garlic, crushed

Mix all the ingredients and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.

Grill using charcoal.

I could not stop eating! I wanted more! But I gave PD and Hermie. I only had 8 sticks of pork BBQ! It was very addicting.

Java Sauce

100 ml. Peanut butter

1/4 C. Water

1/4 C. Soy sauce

1/4-1/2 C. Brown sugar

Boil all the ingredients in a sauce pan until thick and syrupy.

I used the Nasi Goreng rice mix from Indonesia.

Sherman brought it home from Jakarta where he works.

Hahahaha,

*Family/Friend Tree:

Sherman is married to Jing.

Jing is one of my BFFs who is like a sister to me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment