Monday, April 10, 2017

Pork BBQ With 7 Up

I have a new recipe for Pork BBQ and I am very excited to share it.

Why?  So, I do not forget!

Sometimes I like my pork bbq without the ketchup based bbq sauce.  I want it plain like the old-fashioned pork bbq of our childhood days.

Pork BBQ with 7Up


1 K. kasim, sliced thinly.  If possible, ask your butcher to slice it across the grain.
1 C. brown sugar
1/3 C. Datu Puti soy sauce
1/3 C. 7 Up
1/3 C. pineapple juice
1 t. rock salt
1 t. msg
1 t. freshly cracked black pepper
2 T. Datu Puti vinegar
2 heads native garlic, crushed (Do not use the big Taiwan garlic.)
2 pcs. siling labuyo, sliced thinly

Add all the ingredients in a container and marinate overnight.

Grill over hot charcoal.

I ate it with my favorite of the moment, Shrimp and Egg Fried Rice


and Choy Sum with Oyster Sauce.


250 gr. Choy Sum, blanched in boiling water for a minute.
1/2 T. Sesame oil
1 T. Pantai Oyster sauce
1/2 t. brown sugar
toasted shallots

In a small bowl, mix the oyster ssauce, sesame oil and brown sugar.  Pour over the freshly blanched choy sum and top with toasted shallots.

I bought the vegetables when I went to Binondo this afternoon to eat at President Grand Palace.

Sizzling Noodles with Pork and Shrimps.  You could hear it as soon as it leaves the kitchen.



I also ordered the Sweet and Sour Pork with Pineapples.


It was just OK.  I still prefer to cook it using the Lee Kum Kee Sauce.

I hope you get to try my new Pork BBQ with 7 Up recipe!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment