Monday, July 28, 2014

Pata Tim

I had a dream the other night....

It was about Pata Tim...

I could vividly picture it in my mind.... Jiggly skin of the Pata.... Sweet salty sauce... Steamed broccoli and carrots.

My family liked the Pata Tim I cooked last Saturday for lunch.

Kuya asked me to cook for him again today.

Pata Tim

1.2-1.5 K . Pork Pata

1/3 C. Coconut Brand soy sauce

3 T. Marcia PiƱa cooking wine

1/3 C. Brown sugar

2 stalks leeks, white part only

6 thick slices of ginger

3 C. Water

2 T. Cornstarch + 2 T. Water.

Steamed broccoli and carrots.

Combine all the ingredients except the cornstarch in a pressure cooker and cook for 1 hour.

Remove the leeks and ginger and continue cooking until the sauce has reduced to about a cup.

Remove the Pata, transfer into a serving platter. Arrange the broccoli and carrot around the Pata.

Add the cornstarch slurry to the sauce. When it thickens slightly, pour over the Pata.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment