Friday, October 25, 2013

Wheat-free Chicken Nuggets

I am very inspired to continue my wheat-free lifestyle. My sugar went down by 80 points since I started last September 1.

I cooked spaghetti sauce this afternoon for Gilly's birthday celebration tomorrow. I used the White Rice Pasta Happy gave me.

But for the rest of the family, ordinary spaghetti noodles only.

My very first pasta dish since September!

The pasta tasted like al dente spaghetti noodles.

I also cooked wheat-free Corn Tortilla Encrusted Chicken Nuggets! I got the recipe from Martha Stewart's website.

I ground the corn tortillas.

It looked like fine corn meal.

Then the usual breading technique....

Instead of flour, I dredged the chicken breast fillet in cornstarch, then dipped in beaten egg and rolled in ground corn tortillas.

Fried in oil until light brown on both sides.

Best eaten with home made salsa!

The chicken nuggets were not dry at all! So tender and moist.

And let us not forget to drink it with Frozen Margarita!

I plan to buy Margarita glasses soon!

I am very happy that my experiment was a success!

I will try it with fish fillet next time or bake it in the oven.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment