Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Mini Corn Dog

Today's experiment was Mini Corn Dog.


I got the recipe from allrecipes.com.  I used the cornmeal I bought in HK and the pork sausages from Assi Mart Korean Grocery on Neptune St.


I was "inspired" to experiment because the Junkies went to the house sans Cat.


Corn Dog

Batter:

1 C. flour
1 C. cornmeal
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
1/4 C. sugar
4 t. baking powder
1 egg
1 C. milk

oil for frying
mini sausages



Combine all ingredients for the batter and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.




Pre-heat the cooking oil until the temperature reaches 170 C.

Pat dry the sausages then dip in the batter.


Fry until golden brown all over.


I like to eat my corn dog with Spicy Brown Mustard.


Shey brought Truffle Potato Chips.


Cold cuts were from Tricia.


I made Macaroni Salad yesterday.


After our quick snack at the Batcave, I let Mona and Shey try my Bangkok style coffee with evaporated beverage creamer, condensed beverage creamer and coffee mate.


Then the Junkies had to go home to have dinner with their families.

The nice thing about my neighbors is it is so easy for us to have a quick pow wow.  We just sent messages back and fort this afternoon and TADA!  "The gang's all here!"


No comments:

Post a Comment