Saturday, September 27, 2014

Food Gifts From Neighbors

I must have done something really good this week to receive food gifts from my neighbors!

Gluten-free Toasties from Anna

And.... Gluten free bread/cake loaf!

Another neighbor, Wina, sent me Chicken Empanada. I feel so bad I forgot to take a picture. I shared it with my family.

FGM Cindy sent me Sweet Italian Sausage!

I cooked it with onions and red pepper.

Sweet Italian Sausage with Onion and Red Pepper

2-4 Sweet Italian Sausage links

2 T. Cooking oil

1 pc. White onion, chopped into chunks

1 pc. Red pepper, cut into squares (same size as the onion)

2 cloves garlic, crushed

Pinch of sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper, cumin and basil powder.

Use Italian flat leaf parsley or fresh basil if available.

Place sausage links in a pan or pot of boiling water. Make sure the sausages are fully submerged.

Do NOT prick the sausage links.

Cook for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.

Heat the oil in a frying pan, brown the sausage links slightly then add the onions. Cook over medium heat.

Then add the garlic followed by the red pepper.

Season with salt, pepper, cumin and basil.

When the vegetables are cooked, transfer onto a serving plate.

The sausages were juicy and it complemented the onion and red pepper!

Even Hermie received a food gift from her neighbor friend. She shared it with me....

Selecta Cheese with Corn ice cream!

I feel so blessed I have neighbors who are very generous and thoughtful!

Thank you, Anna, Wina and FGM Cindy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment