Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Blue Cheese Pears Grapes and Pecan Salad with Cranberry Orange Dressing

This is my favorite salad of all time.... Blue Cheese Pears Grapes and Pecan Salad. I can even eat it without the dressing. One time, I served it to my Mom's friends and they were surprised there was no dressing and yet it tasted good.


Do you know how much I loved this salad???? It only took me 15 minutes to polish off my plate! I wanted to eat another serving but I measure what I eat. Even if the leaves are considered "free food", the fruits and dressing are not.


While I was walking to my car after mass in Rockwell, I was so tempted to eat at Pancake House! The pancake with bacon was calling my name ... Lia! Lia!... insistently! But I was able to hold on to my self control.


When I got home, Sophie, my niece, called and asked if I wanted to eat Pizza because they just had one delivered. I declined and told her I'm not allowed pizza at night. After Sophie, my Tita Portia called me and asked if I wanted to go to Passion, a new high-end Chinese restaurant at Maxim's in Resort World.... again ... I declined!


Would you believe I was EXCITED to eat my salad whereas before I would "escape" and let my leaves rot in the fridge???? I am very glad at my progress. I hope I see results very soon.


Blue Cheese Pears Grapes and Pecan Salad with Cranberry Orange Dressing




50 grams salad greens (I bought the Sweet Baby Blends but I discovered the leaves rot faster compared to buying a whole head of lettuce, which can last longer in the chiller.)


Green or Red pears (Don't buy the yellow Chinese pears)


Crumbled Blue Cheese


red grapes


Toasted Pecans or Walnuts


Cranberry Orange Dressing


2 T. Ocean Spray Jellied Cranberry, mashed


juice of 1/2 Navel Orange


2 T. Extra Virgin Olive oil


Combine all the ingredients for the dressing. Before serving, just stir the dressing because the oil separates from the cran-orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment