Sunday, January 1, 2012

Mango Crepes with Chocolate Truffle Sauce

When I opened my FB page today, I was so delighted to see the delicious Strawberry and Cream Crepes with Nutella my friend posted.  I could not get it out of my head.

Sophie and I had a SHORT .... very short ... bonding moment this afternoon.  I made Fresh Mango shake for her and Mango Crepes.  I got the sweet mango from Soph and the whipped cream too.  I did not have Nutella but I remember Mona gave me Chocolate Truffles from Canada, so I used it as a sauce instead. 
Sophie was the one who spritzed the cream on top. 

Mango Crepes with Chocolate Truffle Sauce



ripe mango, sliced
canned whipped cream
8 pcs. chocolate truffles

Crepes:

1 C. sifted flour
3 eggs
1 C. fresh milk

Beat the eggs and milk then add the flour.   Refrigerate mixture for at least 30 minutes.  On a non-stick pan over low heat, pour about 1 oz. of the batter.  Swirl and tilt the pan to make the crepe thinner. When the crepe starts to pull away from the pan, remove with an offset spatula and transfer onto a plate.  Place several mango slices on the crepe and roll.  Pour the Chocolate Truffle sauce on top and spritz canned whipped cream.

Chocolate Truffle Sauce

Melt the truffles in the microwave for 30 seconds then stir with a spatula until melted. 

3 comments:

  1. looks great! i want to try. i like mine with vanilla or mango ice cream on top. il give you more chocolate truffles.

    ReplyDelete