Thursday, January 12, 2012

Vegetarian Stir Fry Sauce

I tried the Lee Kum Kee Vegetarian Stir Fry Sauce today and was happy about it.



I cannot use oyster sauce in my veggies because it has animal-derived ingredients.  I just looked in my fridge and used whatever was available.  The result was a delicious medley of color, texture and taste. It was so easy to make, took less than 10 minutes.

Stri-fried Vegetables



1 T. Canola oil
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 knob ginger, sliced
red pepper, cut into squares
celery, sliced
button mushrooms, sliced
carrot, sliced
Chinese cabbage, cut into strips
snow peas

Sauce

1 T. Lee Kum Kee Vegetarian Stir Fry Sauce (You can use oyster sauce for non-vegans)
1 T. Pantai Light Soy Sauce
1. t. Pantai Sweet Soy Sauce
1 T. water
1 t. white sugar

Mix everything in a bowl and season to taste.

Heat the oil in a wok over high heat. Saute the garlic and ginger until fragrant.  Add all the vegetables and stir- fry for about 2 minutes.  Add the sauce, toss the vegetables for a few more seconds and transfer into a serving platter.

I enjoyed my lunch today and ate it with the leftover E-Fu noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment