Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Birthday With The Seniors

My senior friends, Tita Butchie, Tita Tess, PD, Tita Mita and Tita Josie were my guests for my birthday lunch today.

 

I prepared a carefully selected menu.  Some do not like garlic, nuts nor anything with coconut.

The all time favorite of the seniors is my Turbo Lechon Kawali.

 

I could hear the crunch everytime they bite the crispy skin.

My new experiment, Pechay Salad,  which I learned from the cooking demo last Thursday by Sabrina Artadi.  I made my own Honeymansi vinaigrette.

Pechay Salad

 

500 grams pechay, julienned, stalks included
1 C. White Onions, chopped
1 C. Tomatoes, chopped
2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced

Honeymansi Vinaigrette

1/4 C. Olive oil
2 Tbsp. Honey
2 Tbsp. Calamansi juice
1 tsp. Thai patis

Mix all the vegetables in the salad bowl. Top with sliced eggs.
Whip the vinaigrette with a fork until it emulsifies and pour over the salad.

Fried Lumpiang Ubod

 

Galantina

 

Shrimps with Salted Egg Yolk Sauce

 

My senior friends and I always give party favors whenever we celebrate our birthdays.  I got them a tin pill box.

 

My presents from my friends!

 

We have been having lunch for several years now!  Everybody looks forward to it every month.  Different stories of each senior. 

Today, it was Tita Josie's turn to tell us her love story, how she met her husband and so on.

And of course, we talked about people they know in common, from the time they were in High School up to the present.

It is always a delight to be in the company of my friends who have experienced so much in life!

 

I treasure all the lessons they share with me.  

Thank you my senior friends for celebrating my upcoming birthday with me!




No comments:

Post a Comment