Monday, May 27, 2013

Pork and Shrimp Sio Mai

I had this terrible craving for Pork Sio Mai these past few days. I researched online and came up with my own recipe.

Mona and I experimented tonight and I am proud to say it was a success! Well.... According to Mona, Hermie and Sophie, the Sio Mai really tasted good! :)

Pork and Shrimp Sio Mai

500 g. Pork Shoulder (Kasim) ground or chopped coarsely

200 g. Boiled Pork back fat, chopped into small cubes

500 g. shrimps, chopped into small cubes

2 t. Salt

2 t. MSG (optional)

2 t. Sugar

1 t. White pepper

1/4 C. Cornstarch

1 egg

2 t. Sesame oil

50 pcs. Ling Nam Sio Mai wrapper

Chopped carrots

Combine all the ingredients except the wrapper and carrots.

Line the steamer with grease proof paper. (I used a puncher for the holes.)

(I bought the Ling Nam Sio Mai wrappers at the stall of Beth, Farmer's Market in Cubao.)

Scoop 1 T. of the filling onto the wrapper.

Dot top with chopped carrots.

Arrange the Siomai on the steamer without over crowding.

Steam for 15 minutes. Let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment