Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Energizer

My friends are my energizer, sort of a pick me up.  

We feed off each other's energy.  So it is very important that we see each other often.  

The most important activity when we are together is?

Try to guess!!!!

 

I cooked the Lengua Tita Jit gave me from Bangkok for Jing and Sherman.

 

Lengua Estofado

 

1 ox tongue, dressed and cleaned
1 whole onion
10 pcs. Peppercorn
2 pcs. Bay leaves
1/2 C. Cooking oil
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1 onion, chopped
250 gr. Del Monte Tomato sauce
2 C. Lengua broth
250 gr. Potatoes, sliced about half an inch, fried
250 gr. Carrots, sliced diagonally1/2 inch, fried
1 Knorr beef cube
Salt and pepper to taste

Put the lengua, onion, peppercorns and bay leaves in the slow cooker.  Add enough water to cover the meat.  Simmer until fork tender.  Let cool and chill in the refrigerator for a few hours before you slice so it does not fall apart.

Save the lengua broth.

After slicing the lengua, slightly pan fry a few pieces at a time.  

In the same oil, fry the potatoes and carrots.

Saute the garlic and onion until soft and fragrant.  

Add the tomato sauce and beef cube.

When it starts to boil, add the broth.  

Wait until it is bubbling and then add the pan fried lengua, potatoes and carrots. Cover and simmer until the sauce has reduced.

Season with salt and pepper.

Jing gave me a "token" birthday gift! I know a "major" gift will follow.

 

I ate it all in one sitting because I was afraid my neighbors, meaning Kuya and Soph,  will ask from me! Hahahahaha  I know I am bad!

 

Oh.... Early token gifts were given to me by friends, as well.

Murano glass soap dish! Corry bought it in Italy.

 

Vinnie gave me a BIG box of Pepero!

 

When I got home, Kuya opened the gate! So I covered the box with the car shade and left it in the car.  A big box is hard to hide.  Then got it later in the day.

July was a busy month for Pinky because of her visiting family from the US.  When they left, we immediately invited ourselves over to Dodai's apartment.

 

We missed hanging out with her.

She cooked spaghetti...

 

And let us try the mango yoghurt.

 

Kumar and Harold do not know the concept of personal space, but hey, it is THEIR sofa I am sitting on.

 

Another energy booster is the Ka Escapade group!

 

 

Jodie asked their helper to cook sinigang

 

And fried bangus for us.

 

We were so tired from our Viaje del Sol.  But it was more of Viaje del CR because of the numerous toilet breaks we had to take.  It was so hot in the South, we kept on drinking water, hence, the need for several pit stops.

On the 1st day of August, the Junkies were in the house for merienda.  I asked Hermie to buy fishballs in Guadalupe but it turned out the fishballs were not that good on that day.

And last.... But not the least.... FGM Cindy!  We saw each other last Sunday.  She even brought siomai for me.  I forgot that we were together the other day.

These are the people who "pick me up" when I am out of sorts or lacking in energy.

They were my energizers for the past couple of weeks since August 1.

The start of my birthday month.

No comments:

Post a Comment