Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter

Everybody is talking about Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter.

Just last night at our get together, it was one hot topic. You can order from Cookie Butter Manila's Facebook page but the bottle of Cookie Butter in my house came from Mona. She had it sent because my friends and I were wondering what everybody is talking about.

Mona said, I should share it with Jing and Mayette.

So..... How does it taste? That is what most people would like to know.

I had a teaspoonful, I am not allowed to indulge because it contains wheat. It made me think.... "It tastes so familiar! I just could not put my finger on it."

I was thinking and thinking....suddenly, it dawned on me, the familiar flavor or taste is that of those cookies you buy in bulk at La Pacita or La Perla or Fibisco!

But the color and consistency is that of the peanut butter.

I checked the label and the ingredients are mostly oil: palm oil, canola oil, coconut oil and rapeseed oil.

If I am going to experiment....... I would probably use Fibisco Butter Cookies or Butter Crunch.

Will grind it in a food processor or blender. Then add brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and a whole lot of oil until it becomes pasty.

Look! I have two bottles!

I did not realize Sophia has a bottle of cookie butter just sitting in her fridge.

Tip: it says on the label: DO NOT REFRIGERATE.

It is worth a try, just so you know what everybody is talking about!

 

6 comments:

  1. the way id describe the taste, it's cookie flavored peanut butter... hihihi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's ok. if it's there, il eat it but if not... i won't really look for it. how about you?

      Delete
  2. Hi there, we are selling Trader Joe's products including the Speculoos Cookie Butter, You might wanna visit our page : https://www.facebook.com/sweettutsTraderJoes

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete