Monday, November 15, 2010

Inasal Skinless Breast, Lumpia Hubad and Oatmeal with Banana and Almonds

Day 5 of my Low-Fat, High Fiber and High Protein Diet  (with a little cheating)

I marinated my skinless chicken breast Inasal last night.  I researched the internet and just mix matched the recipes.

Inasal


400 grams skinless chicken breast
1 T. soy sauce
1 T. vinegar
1 T. brown sugar
1 t. rock salt
black pepper
4 stalks lemongrass, julienned
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pc. kalamansi

Marinate overnight and grill over hot coals or indoor stove top grill (which I used, my house smelled so bad afterwards).  You can adjust the taste of the marinade by tasting it BEFORE adding the chicken.

Basting oil

2 T. cooking oil
1 T. atsuete seeds
1 T. Star Margarine

Heat cooking oil in wok, add seeds.  When the oil is orange, remove atsuete and add the margarine. 

Chicken Inasal dipping sauce


Vinegar
kalamansi
soy sauce
sili

Lumpiang Hubad in Lettuce cups with Hoisin Sauce






2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, sliced
1 small sweet potato, julienned
green beans, sliced thinly diagonally
1 carrot, julienned
1/2 C. togue
1/2 C. cabbage, shredded
2 T. water
1 t. magic sarap
1 t. Thai Patis
Iceberg lettuce leaves
Lee Kum Kee Hoisin sauce

Saute garlic and onions.  Then add the sweet potatoes, when half done, add the carrots, green beans and water. Stir and toss for a few seconds then add the cabbage and togue.  Season with Magic Sarap and patis.

Scoop the vegetables into the lettuce cups and add a little Hoisin sauce and eat like a "lumpia" or tacos!!!

I cheated a little during lunch at HK Choi in Megamall, I had siomai.


 The Seafood Beancurd hot pot was ok but that was all protein. 


When I got home I had a bowl of oatmeal with banana and almonds before heading to the gym to complete  my fiber requirements for lunch.


I'm really trying my very best.  I hope I get good blood test results on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment