Saturday, May 12, 2012

Rib-eye Steak

Today was our Pre-Mother s Day celebration with my family.  Their request was Steak.  Hmmm I had to ask several friends how they cook it, whether grilled over charcoal or stove top.  They said it depends on my preference.  I also researched several websites in the internet.

Rib-eye Steak



1 k. rib-eye steak
1 - 2 T. olive oil
1 t. rock salt
1 t. coarsely ground black pepper
1 t. Knorr seasoning

Brush olive oil on the steak.  Season with salt, pepper and Knorr seasoning. Let it stand for 10 minutes only.



Heat a cast iron pan until almost smoking, lower heat to medium.  Brush with olive oil. 



Cook steak about 3-4 minutes on one side



and about 2 minutes on the other side, depending on the thickness of the steak.



Put on a platter, cover with tinfoil and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.



I do not eat steak that much, it was just a request from my family.  It is actually hard to gauge if the meat is rare, medium rare or well done.  I know you are supposed to press it with your finger?  But I am not really sure.  I suppose, practice makes perfect.

I also cooked ....

Molo Soup....





mashed potatoes ....



buttered corn and peas...



gravy....

and

Hermie cooked fried chicken wings.



Gilly brought Burong Mangga which she made herself! I have to ask her to teach me.



They were looking for dessert but I cannot eat sweets so no dessert for everybody.  Good thing Ate brought pomelo.

I am going to visit my Mom tomorrow at Manila Memorial Park.  I do miss her so much.  I wish with all my heart that she is still here to celebrate a special day for all mothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment