Saturday, July 25, 2015

Lumpiang Shanghai Obsession

I have a Lumpiang Shanghai Obsession.

It started last June 24 when we had Palabok night at Shey's house.

The food of her daughter was Lumpiang Shanghai.

When Priscilla was done eating and there were a few leftovers, I asked Shey if I could eat it!

Why did I love it so much?!? Because it was as thin as a pencil!

I do not have a problem making the filling. I have a foolproof recipe.

My problem is that my Lumpiang Shanghai are as fat and chunky as I am!

I bought ingredients for the Lumpiang Shanghai today in Rustan's.

"Madam" (that's what my friends call me) Lia was not a happy camper this morning because it was taking them forever to bring out the ground pork from their kitchen!

Instead of waiting forever and ever, I just asked one of the butchers to give me 1/2 K. Kasim (pork shoulder) and I told him to grind it.

Lumpiang Shanghai Filling

1/2 K. Ground pork Kasim

1 C. Singkamas, chopped

1 C. White onion, chopped

1/4 C. Garlic, chopped

200 g. shrimps, peeled and chopped

1 egg, beaten

1 t. Fine salt

2 t. MSG (optional)

2 t. Thai fish sauce

1/4 t. Freshly ground black pepper

1/3 C. Kinchay, chopped

Mix all ingredients in a bowl.

Eileen and Dodai dropped by the house today.

Dodai asked me to buy marrow for her the other day.

I happen to tell Eileen that I do not know how to wrap the Lumpiang Shanghai.

She immediately volunteered to show me how it was done.

Cut the wrapper into 2.

Put 1 t. (Yes, I measured it.) on the bottom end of the wrapper.

Roll and fold the sides.

Seal with egg whites.

Eileen noticed that after wrapping several Lumpia that I was just watching her!

Hahahahaha!

She instantly put me to work.

The beautifully wrapped were hers (horizontal), mine (vertical) were the ugly looking ones.

But never mind the look of my Lumpia!

The taste was very delicious!!!

I loved it!

Yum!!!

We loved it!!!

Thank you Eileen for teaching me how to wrap "sexy" Lumpia!

Thank you Dodai for being our photographer!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment