Thursday, October 16, 2014

Beef Bulgogi

I am starting my rice-free journey today. Tricia suggested I refrain from cooking Filipino food at the moment because I associate it with rice.

Adobo is best eaten with rice!!!

Filipino Bistek with rice!

Binagoongan Baboy with rice!!!

Can you see the pattern now?

Being rice-free will be extremely difficult for someone like me who loves Filipino food!

I just need to get over the withdrawal period.

I hope it only lasts for a few days, maximum is one week.

Rice-free menu tonight was Beef Bulgogi.

Beef Bulgogi (serves 2)

300 g. Sirloin, thinly sliced

1/4 C. Korean soy sauce

1/4 C. Brown sugar

3 cloves garlic, chopped

1 white onion, sliced

2 pcs. leeks, white part only sliced diagonally

1/4 t. Black pepper

1 t. Sesame oil

1 T. Toasted sesame seeds, crushed

Mix all ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for a few hours (4-6 hours).

Heat a griddle or thick bottomed frying pan. Add a little oil then add the meat with the marinade.

Cook until the meat is not pink anymore.

(I added a cup of beansprouts because I needed a filler since I did not eat rice.)

Serve on top of lettuce leaves.

Add kimchi and a small dollop of Gochuang.

Roll and take a bite.

Dessert was just one square of dark chocolate!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment