Thursday, September 25, 2014

Grain Free.... Soon

I will soon embark on a difficult culinary journey. My plan is to follow the grain free lifestyle.... soon.

I am still conditioning my mind to give up rice and corn aside from wheat.

Dr. William Davis, author of Wheat Belly, came up with a new book entitled, Total Health.

He now advocates grain free living.

That is very hard but I intend to give it a try.

I was mostly grain free today except for the few hidden grains in some of the seasonings and dessert.

Tricia shared a link about cooking soft-boiled eggs. I followed one of the recipes...

Soft-boiled eggs with Parmesan cheese and black pepper.

I will eat it with asparagus next time.

I also cooked Arroz ala Cubana today.

Arroz ala Cubana

350 g. Ground beef

2 T. Cooking oil

Garlic, 2 cloves, crushed

Onion, sliced

3 pcs. tomatoes, sliced

1/2 Knorr beef cube

1 C. Water

Red pepper, chopped

1/4 C. Raisins

Pepper

Saute garlic, onions and tomatoes over low heat until tomatoes are soft.

Increase the heat and add the ground beef. When the color is not pink anymore, add the beef cube and water.

Lower the heat and cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed.

Add the red pepper and raisins.

Season with black pepper.

Serve with fried bananas and fried potatoes.

My Merienda was Schublig with fried potatoes.

I followed Shey's instructions on how to cook sausages. She learned the technique from their Danish family friend.

Put the sausage in a pan with boiling water.

Cover and cook for 5 minutes.

Drain, add a little oil and pan fry a bit.

My go-to diet food now is Samgyeopsal.

Healthy and grain-free!

I tried the favorite ice cream of FGM Cindy, Ube-Keso.

I love ice cream. It is not grain free because of the modified starch and emulsifier.

Hard to give up some of the things I love to eat but little by little I have to.

The hardest one of all is soy sauce.

I just always have to remember:

Be grain free and become drug free!

 

1 comment: