|Jay Gamboa with Tita Linda Floro (Women of Bel-Air) and Chef Watee|
My friend, Celine, also attended together with her cook. It was an enjoyable, entertaining and most of all, a delicious afternoon.
They showed us how to cook four of Azuthai's bestsellers. I will share with you two of those recipes, the ingredients are easy to find plus the recipes are even easier to follow.
Azuthai Chili Garlic Prawns
2 T. white sugar
3 T. light soy sauce
1 t. salt
1/2 C. water
1 T. vegetable oil
200 g. Prawns, headless, split with tail and shell
1 T. garlic, minced
1 T. chili, minced
1 T spring onions, chopped
1. Combine the seasoning in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
2. In a wok, heat oil and stir fry prawns until just done. Remove prawns and set aside.
3. In the same wok, saute garlic and chili, add seasoning mix. Bring to a boil. Return prawns and add chili. Toss well and top with spring onions.
Another very simple recipe anybody can cook is ....
Steamed Whole Boneless Apahap
1 pc. Apahap (800 grams), whole, scaled and gutted.
To be placed inside the fish:
1 pc. kaffir leaves
3 slices ginger (sliced)
3 slices lemongrass (sliced)
1 stalk celery
3 pcs. spring onion (sliced)
2 T. salt and pepper
2 T. lemon juice
For the Sauce:
4 T.. lemon juice
4 T. Thai fish sauce
1.5 T. palm sugar
1.5 T. white sugar
4 pcs. chili, minced
1 t. garlic, chopped
1 T. coriander roots, chopped
1. Remove the spine of spine of the Apahap from the back. (Ask your fish vendor to butterfly the fish like "daing" but to leave part of the head intact.)
2. Put all the ingredients inside the fish. Then steam the fish for 10 minutes ONLY, do not overcook.
3. When fish is done, combine all ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and pour over the fish.
4. For garnish, place three slices of green lemon and coriander leaves on top of the fish.
The other two recipes.....
Green Chicken Curry
Tom Yam Goong
The ingredients of these two recipes are harder to find but the chef said they are available at Salcedo market. Check out Azuthai's website for the recipes, http://azuthai.com/recipes.html
After the demo, the most exciting part was the food sampling!!!! The Thai Iced tea was so refreshing! They gave us a small plate of Phad Thai, Fresh vegetable spring roll with peanut sauce, Green Chicken Curry over Thai rice
and Tapioca with Coconut cream in pandan cups.
I can not wait for the next Culinary Journey on August 25. I know they invited Jessie Sinsioco of Le Souffle. I hope next time my other friends can join me! Hmmmm I wonder what food will they let us taste.