Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cooking Mood

I was in a cooking mood the whole day.  The weather was perfect, not too hot in my kitchen.

I cooked Camaron Rebosado con Jamon for lunch.

I also made Ginataang Kalabasa with Sitaw.... http://liasfoodjourney.blogspot.com/2010/06/typical-Saturday.html



 Bicol Express http://liasfoodjourney.blogspot.com/2010/04/bicol-express.html


 

and Baby Rellenong Manok. http://liasfoodjourney.blogspot.com/2010/04/happy-fiesta-to-me.html

I bought a baby chicken, 775 gr., half the size of the usual one I normally use for the Relleno. 



The other night, Mayette cooked relleno and I want to eat it again.

I deboned it in less than 15 minutes!



It is very easy but you can buy deboned chicken at any Magnolia Chicken Station.

I mixed all the ingredients for the filling and laid it on top of the chicken.



I did not even sew the skin because you just need to roll it tightly.



It is still in the steamer now, will cool it for a few hours then put in the fridge or maybe freezer.  All I need to do is pop it in the oven when I am about to eat it.

* Steamed Relleno Chicken

 

 I do not have guests but I just wanted to cook and cook, shared some with Tita Portia and the rest stored in the fridge.

Sophie made Crepes and I was surprised it was sooooooooo good!



The crepe was light and the edges were a little crisp just the way I like it.  She just filled it with Nutella and spread Cream Cheese on top!!!

Sophie's Crepes (recipe from a cookbook)

 1 C. flour
2 eggs
1 C. water
1/2 C. milk
2 T. melted butter

Mix all the ingredients.

Melt butter on a non-stick frying pan and cook the crepes.

OMG Soph! I loved it!  I want more!!!!  I was imagining it could be a savory crepe with chicken, mushrooms and cheese or ... ham, asparagus and hollandaise sauce!!!  The possibilities are endless!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment