Monday, August 9, 2010

Pan Fried Sole

I was in Rustan's Rockwell tonight after attending mass (My Dad's 32nd death anniversarry) because I wanted to buy fish for dinner. I'm trying to be a "good" girl and start eating healthy food. I hope I succeed, it is hard because I really love to cook and eat, I just have to be more discriminating.


For dinner, I decided to buy Sole or "Dapa" in Filipino. I asked my "suki Manang" in Rustan's to peel off the skin of the fish. I also used margarine instead of butter because it has less fat???? Says, who???? hahahaha Just guessing but I think I'm right. Butter seems so sinful. Maybe if I really, really want a healthy dish, I should use Olive oil??? I'm not really a fan but will try it next time. One step at a time... I have to learn to like and enjoy eating fish. I also started eating Brown rice tonight and...... I bought half a lof of wheat bread!!!!


Pan Fried Sole





225 grams Sole, peeled

2 pcs. calamansi

1 T. Patis

1-2 T. Butter or margarine

2 gloves garlic, chopped

6 pcs. calamansi


Marinate the Sole in patis and juice of 2 pcs. calamansi for 45 minutes. Heat a non stick frying pan, melt the butter or margarine. Pan fry the fish, 3-5 minutes on each side, transfer to a plate. Brown the garlic in the same pan where the fish was pan fried then add the juice of 6 pcs. calamansi. Pour over the fish.


My experiment was a success. I absolutely enjoyed my fish tonight! Perhaps I could try this with other fish or perhaps shirmps?!?!?!? I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment