Monday, January 31, 2011

Bruschetta and Salad Greens with Grilled Shimps

I'm not yet over my Julie and Julia obsession.  One of my problems is when I see or read about food, I can't wait to cook it myself.  In one of the scenes in the movie, Julie cooked Bruschetta.  So, after I had my late lunch, I  researched online again.  I even went to Fullybooked, Rockwell to check out the cook books but I finally got the recipe I like from the net.  I just used the ingredients I have at home.

Bruschetta


5 slices of baguette
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 T. Extra Virgin olive oil

Pre-heat oven to 400F.  Combine extra virgin olive oil and garlic.  Spread on the sliced baguette.  Toast in the oven until crisp and light brown.

2 tomatoes, chopped
1 pc. shallots or red onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
1 T. Extra Virgin olive oil
1 T. grated parmesan cheese
flat leaf parsley, chopped (I didn't have Basil, recipe said any herb at hand)
rock salt and freshly ground black pepper

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and put on top of the toasted baguette.

I saw the FB picture of my friend Pinky, she ate Mango Prawn salad last week and I wanted to make something similar.  I went to Rustans and there were no fresh mangoes.  I couldn't wait anymore, so,  I just bought Gourmet's Mango Vinaigrette.

 

Otherwise, the recipe for the Mango dressing only calls for pureed mangoes, honey, mustard, vinegar and olive oil.

Salad Greens with Grilled Shrimps drizzled with Gourmet's Mango Vinaigrette



50 grams mixed lettuce leaves
red pepper, sliced
green pepper, sliced
red onion, cut into rings
2 T. Mango vinaigrette
6 pcs. grilled shrimps

Grilled Shrimps

Peel and devein the shrimps.  Sprinkle rock salt.

Heat a non-stick skillet, add a teaspoon or two of Extra Virgin olive oil.  "Grill" the shrimps briefly until they change in color.

I loved the salad so much!  The combination of the peppers and the onions together with the grilled shrimps was perfect.  Hahaha as long as you don't plan to kiss someone afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment