Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Beef with Broccoli

I bought broccoli from Landmark Supermarket last Sunday.  Hermie said when I got home that I will just forget about it and let it rot in the fridge.  Which is likely to happen because my memory is not good.

Sooo ...  I cooked Beef with Broccoli yesterday.  I got the sirloin from Mrs. Garcia's in Metro Supermarket.  It was really tender.... even the denture challenged will not have a hard time.   I just combined the recipes I read in cookbooks and websites.  I was surprised it turned out good!  Let me share it with you!

Beef with Broccoli



1/2 lb. - 1 lb. (225 - 450 grams) thinly sliced beef sirloin from Mrs. Garcia's

Marinade:


1 T. Datu Puti soy sauce
1 T. cornstarch
1/2 T. cooking wine
1/2 T. water
1 T. cooking oil

1/4 C. cooking oil

1 C. broccoli florets, soaked in water
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 white onions, diced (but not too small)
1/2 C. water

Sauce:


1 T. Lee Kum Kee soy sauce
1 T. Golden Sail dark soy sauce
1 T. Pantai oyster sauce
1 T. water

1/2 t. cornstarch dissolved in 1 t. water.

Marinate the beef in soy sauce, cornstarch, cooking wine and water for 2 hours in the refrigerator.  Then add 1 T. cooking oil so the beef slices will not stick together.

Heat the wok or frying pan.  When smoking hot, add the cooking oil.  Stir fry the beef quickly, about 2 minutes, until brown but still pink inside.  Set side.

In the same wok with the remaining oil and bits from the beef, saute garlic and onion.  Add the broccoli florets and 1/2 C water.  Cover for 2 MINUTES, do NOT overcook.   Return the beef to the wok and add the sauce.  Thicken with cornstarch dissolved in water.

Note:  Cook over high heat all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment