Friday, November 12, 2010

Home - Made Chocolate Chip Cookies for Tita Portia

The first time I tasted homemade chocolate chip cookies was a gazillion years ago, baked by Americans at a bazaar in Manila Peninsula.  It was really so delicious, I may have forgotten my first kiss but not my very first taste of the cookies.

Tita Portia asked me to bake chocolate chip cookies for her open house tomorrow.  She serves her guests light snacks and refreshments.

Chocolate Chip cookies are so easy to bake.  I usually ask my nieces to "help" but they were busy with school so I just did it myself.



Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies (hehehe found it at the back of the Hershey Chocolate chip package)

2 1/4 C. flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 C. butter, softened (I put mine out of the fridge for 1 hour)
3/4 C. brown sugar
3/4 C. white sugar
1 t. vanilla
2 eggs
2 C. chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375F.  (If your oven is fan assisted like mine, 325F)

Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.


Cream butter, brown and white sugar using the paddle attachment of the Kitchen Aid. 


Add vanilla, then the eggs, one at a time.


Add the flour mixture all at once, beat until well blended but do not over beat.

Add the chocolate chips and beat for a few seconds.



Scoop onto ungreased cookie sheets.


Bake for 12-15 minutes if you want it crunchy or 10-12 minutes at 300F if you want chewy.   I like my cookies crunchy.


Let cool before storing.  I did not wait to cool before eating though.  It was so delish straight from the oven! The chocolate was all gooey and melty.  I only had a few pieces, saved some for Mona.

Wriggly, patiently waiting for the last batch because the last few pieces do not have chocolate chips in them.


See how easy?????  I was able to make 100 pieces using the smallest scooper (bought it in Unimart). 



2 comments:

  1. Wow Li! galing mo talaga. It looks really delicious :) and is that really Wriggly? :)

    Sarita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sarita! yes, that's really Wriggly... super "behaved" waiting for his cookies. I couldn't stop eating the cookies! But I had to stop myself, I'm not allowed but allowed myself around 4 pieces... ok.. 6 pcs. ata... hahaha sige na nga 8!

    ReplyDelete