Friday, January 22, 2016

Biggest Lie Ever...

Jing posted this in FB today!

So apt for what I am about to commit tomorrow!

Hahahahahaha OK ... I won't lie. I will start my No Sugar and Starch diet tomorrow.

But...... Not before indulging in all the sugar and starch I could get my hands on!

I love the corn casserole I baked last night. Tricia L. taught me how to cook it.

Corn Casserole

1/2 K. Boiled white corn, shredded

1 Can Cream Style Corn

1/2 C. Magnolia Butter, salted

1/2 bar Che-Vital Quickmelt cheese, grated.

4 rashers of bacon, cooked until crisp

Mix all the ingredients in a casserole dish except the bacon.

Bake at 350F until it is bubbly.

Stir the corn casserole.

Make sure you stir it well until it is creamy.

Top with crispy bacon.

I got a small plateful.

I could not stop eating!

Then I realized, I ate almost half!

I could have eaten it all!

My neighbors, FGM and Vinnie, Mona and I had lunch at Spatzle, Shangrila East Wing, yesterday.

I loved the Poutine Fries!

We ordered the Bacon wrapped Mozzarella sticks.

Fried Chicken with toasted banana bread, paprika chips and fries.

Roast Chicken stuffed with sausage...

One with a side order of mashed potato.

The other one with spatzle.

Today.....

Jing, Sherman, Adiel and Cecille had lunch at The Batcave!

I told them I will start my diet already tomorrow and if we can please... Please.. Please... Eat the spaghetti from Ambers!

Adiel ordered the spaghetti!

Cecille got us Ambers Bbq.

Jing brought a big box of cheese pizza!

My contribution was Arce Coffee Crumble ice cream!

I thought very well what my "last meal" would be tonight.

Healthy Shabu Shabu!

I can't eat it anymore because of all the starch from the balls and kani sticks.

I saw my neighbors in Rockwell! FGM, Tricia and Shey!

Tricia and Shey had a light snack at Healthy Shabu Shabu, fried Dumplings. FGM had to go home.

Dessert was at Dean and Deluca's!

I ordered my favorite Coffee Crumble Cake!

Tricia had the Creme Brulee Crepe Cake.

Bea tried the Oreo Cheesecake. She joined us for dessert.

It was Shey's lucky night! I shared with her 1 forkful of my cake. Hahahahahaha!

Tricia gave her a bigger portion of her dessert.

Earlier in the afternoon, I had 3 chocolate bars!

Maybe I can still squeeze in a snack before midnight!

I think I will be OK. I have eaten most of my cravings.

I am actually excited to start the No Sugar and Starch lifestyle change because it will be a challenge to think of what to cook.

Watch out for the meals I will be posting and the progress of my sugar readings!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment