Sunday, November 6, 2011

Grilled Corn

My friend, Corry, just came from Boston and she was telling me about this delicious grilled corn she had at one of the Tapas bars.  She asked me to research how to make it.


I immediately googled Boston grilled corn tapas bar and Toro came up.  It is grilled corn slathered with seasoned mayonnaise then rolled in Cotija cheese - aged cheddar.  I checked for a substitute and I can use Pecorino Romano. 

I went to Salcedo Market this morning to buy  one piece of grilled corn.  When I got home, I was ready to experiment. I looked in the fridge for mayo and I did not have anymore! I called the house of my Tita and Kuya to ask if they have mayo but alas ... none.

So I rushed to my nearest Sari-Sari store in the corner, 7-Eleven and bought 1 sachet of mayo.   I did not want to buy a lot since I am not fond of mayonnaise. I would rather use butter but I have not been using it either for quite a while now.

Grilled Corn



1 T. mayonnaise



1/8 t. salt
1/8 t. cayenne or chili pepper
20 gr. Pecorino Romano cheese, crumbled or grated coarsely.



Grill the corn, slather with the seasoned mayo and roll in cheese.



Serve with lime wedges.

Will make again one of these days and let Corry try so I will know if I got it right..   Perhaps best eaten with Buffalo Wings.  YUM!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment