Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Gilly's Brownies

My niece, Gilly, is only 11 years old and she can bake already a lot of goodies.  She even attended a Junior Masterchef class at Crowne Plaza.



She wants to enroll in another Masterchef baking class but the minimum age is 16 years old.

Her brownies recipe is so easy to follow and no need to use an electric mixer!  I know she got it from the Assumption cookbook.  Tita Portia asked me to bake for her photo shoot session tomorrow.  Instead of the usual square or rectangular baking pan, I experimented today and used the non-stick mini muffin pan, just like the brownies you can buy from S and R.

Gilly's Brownies



1 C. butter compound (Golden Crown)
3/4 C. Bensdorp cocoa powder (Cook's Exchange, Rockwell)
2 C. sugar
4 eggs
2 t. vanilla
1 C. flour
2 C. Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips.

Melt butter in the microwave for 1 minute.  Add the cocoa, stir well using a wooden spoon or spatula. 
Then the sugar, followed by the eggs, one at a time. 
Add the vanilla. 
Stir in the flour. 
Add the chocolate chips.

Grease the baking pan or line the muffin pan with paper.  Pour the mixture into the pan or scoop into the muffin pan.

Bake at 350 F.

25-30 minutes = baking pan
8-10 minutes = muffin pan

Cool before serving or cutting.

* If using unsalted butter, add 1/2 t. salt to the flour.

I did not grease nor use paper liners so my  first batch stuck to the bottom of the pan.



But none the less... it was still YUM!!!!  I know I am not allowed to indulge but I gave in to the temptation and ate a couple of the rejects.

This is a good recipe for children.  Barely any room for error so it will be a  breeze and they will feel so proud of themselves for baking Gilly's Brownies!

2 comments:

  1. Is butter compound different from butter? where can i can butter compound? thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. The brand of butter compound I buy is Golden Crown. SM, Landmark or Rustan's sells it.

      Delete