Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Broccoli with Shrimps and Ham Fried Rice

I wanted to eat something healthy tonight. Still struggling with my blood sugar but at least I started my wheat-free diet already last March 1. I plan to be ambitious next week. I am convincing myself to give up rice.

I checked my blog and chose to cook Broccoli with Shrimps.

I adjusted the recipe a bit.

Broccoli with Shrimps

1 head broccoli, cut into florets and soaked in salted water

1/2 t. Sugar

Rinse and cook the broccoli in boiling water with sugar for 1 - 2 minutes, covered.

Drain and set aside. (Do not cover the vegetables again or else the greens will change color.)

150 g. Shrimps, peeled

1/4 t. Salt

1/4 t. Sugar

1/2 T. Cooking oil

Marinate shrimps in cooking oil, salt and sugar for 10 minutes.

Heat 1 T. Oil in a wok and stir fry the shrimps until translucent. Set aside.

Sauce

1/2 C. Water

1 t. Sugar

1/2 t. Knorr Chicken Powder

1 T. Pantai Oyster Sauce (I prefer this brand.)

1 t. Cornstarch

Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl.

In the same oil and pan, pour the sauce and let it thicken.

Arrange the shrimps on the center of a plate, the broccoli florets around them.

Pour the sauce over the shrimps.

I paired the broccoli dish with fried rice.

Ham Fried Rice

4 C. Day old cooked long grain rice

1/4 C. Cooking oil

1 onion, chopped

3 cloves garlic chopped

1/4 C. Carrots, chopped

1/4 C. Broccoli stems, peeled and chopped or green peas

1/4 C. Red pepper, chopped

1 t. Salt

180 g. Ham, chopped (I used Farmland Black Forest Ham from S & R)

2 eggs, beaten

1 t. Sugar

2 T. Spring onions, chopped (for garnishing)

Heat the oil in a wok.

Sauté the onions, then the garlic.

Add all the vegetables and salt.

When vegetables are half cooked, add the ham and continue sautéing for a few minutes.

Pour the beaten eggs and do not stir. Let it set until 50% cooked.

Tip in the rice and toss for several minutes. Season with sugar and garnish with spring onions.

 

2 comments:

  1. just put a little bit baking soda in the boiling to enhance any green veggie this is the secret

    ReplyDelete