Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My BFF with my BFFs

Lisa wanted to meet my friends so I set up a dinner for all of us.



It was such a fun night!  I am glad that all my BFFs enjoyed the company of my BFF, Lisa who is equally as funny and shares the same kind of humor that we have.

While waiting for the others, our appetizers (favorites of Lisa) were fish balls,



squid balls,






green mangoes



with my Bagoong with bits of fat and garlic http://liasfoodjourney.blogspot.com/2010/08/garage-sale-birthday-party.html



white corn




 and Mona asked Hermie to cook pork barbeque.


The request of my friends was Paella.  http://liasfoodjourney.blogspot.com/2010/04/lias-simple-paella.html



I also made Fresh Lumpiang Ubod (filling http://liasfoodjourney.blogspot.com/2010/12/christmas-get-together-with-my-hs.html with Homemade wrapper.  http://liasfoodjourney.blogspot.com/2010/08/tender-juicy-lechon-manok-and-visayan.html



Jing cooked calamares.  Hehehehe She and I experimented with it.

Calamares



1 k. medium sized squid
1 egg, beaten
1 pack fried chicken breading mix
cooking oil

Clean the squid, remove the head and cut into rings.

Pour the beaten egg and refrigerate until ready to use.

In a brown bag or plastic container shake the rings a batch at a time with the fried chicken breading mix.

Deep fry in batches and drain.  Serve with vinegar and garlic dipping sauce.

Mayette brought her famous Adobo.



I loved it! The best! And I drizzled the oil on my rice!

Mariger asked me to make Leche Flan as her potluck contribution.

Leche Flan - Alaska



6 egg yolks
1 whole egg
1 Tall can Alaska Evaporated milk
1 big can Alaska Condensed milk
1/2 C. white sugar

Melt the sugar in the baking pan over low heat.  Let cool and the syrup harden.

Beat the yolks and the whole egg lightly, add the evaporated and condensed milk.  Pour into the prepared baking pan.  Cover with foil and steam for an hour over low heat.  Chill before serving.

I also asked Hermie to make Turronitos, baby saba banana turon.



Too bad Celine was not able to join us because there was an important meeting she had to attend.

The night ended on a positive note.  Loved everybody!!!!  I always tell my BFF stories about my BFFs and vice versa.  Finally, they were able to meet each other for the first time.



Hopefully, not the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment