Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pork Menudo Obssession

My Pork Menudo Obsession started when I was invited by my neighbor, Tricia. I had several servings, with rice and patis! She took pity on me and even gave me some to take home!!!!

I do not recall eating Menudo when I was growing up so it is not something that I know how to cook very well and often. Once or twice a year is already the max.

I asked the cusinera of Tricia to teach me.

Pork Menudo

1/2 K. Pork Kasim, cut into small cubes

1/2 t. Rock salt

1/2 t. Pepper

1 T. Vinegar

1 T. Knorr Seasoning

2 cloves garlic, crushed

Marinate pork in all of the ingredients above for 1 hour.

2 T. Cooking oil or lard

150 g. Pork liver, cut into small pieces

Pan-fry the pork in lard then add the liver. Sauté for a few minutes then set aside the meat.

2 cloves garlic, crushed

1 onion, sliced

1 red pepper, cut into cubes

Sauté garlic, onions and red pepper in the remaining oil. Put back the meat.

2 C. Water

1 pc. Knorr pork cube

Add the water and cube, simmer over low heat until the pork is tender.

250 g. Potatoes, cut into cubes and fried slightly

200 g. Carrots, cut into cubes and fried slightly

2-3 T. Tomato paste

1/2 C. Sweet green peas

Add the carrots, potatoes and tomato paste. Season according to taste.

Add the sweet green peas on the last 5 minutes of cooking.

My Menudo was alright but of course, it did not taste like the cusinera's menudo.

I had to put it back in the wok because it was not dry enough for me. I do not like my food to have too much sauce because I do not like it slowly making its way to my rice. One of my quirkiness, as much as possible, I do not like my food touching each other.

This seems perfect.... Can you see? The menudo is dry!

Oh! I made a mistake. I bought green peas. It was like gisantes.

I removed them one by one!

I prefer Senorita's Frozen sweet green peas.

I will probably cook Pork Menudo again..... Next year!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment