Sunday, September 8, 2013

My Minions

My Minions, Mawi and Ompy, were here today to help me out with my Pritchon order.

Mawi cleaned the spring onions and the lettuce leaves while Ompy cut the cucumber.

We even chatted with Celina via FaceTime.

Of course, I had to "put gasoline" in their "tank".... I mean stomachs!

Our brunch was.....

Kare-Kare

I made a big batch because it is my birthday gift to Marianne and Cath.

I also cooked Filipino Bistek.

But what they really enjoyed was the beef tapa fried in its own fat!

Our merienda was kettle corn.

Fairy Godmother (Cindy, my neighbor) bought Mona and I Garlic Peanuts from Farmer's!

Thank you!!!!!

I am so tired! I do not know where to apply liniment, on my lower-mid back or legs!?! It took me 2 hours to assemble and wrap 50 pcs. of Pritchon!

My KST partner and neighbor, Chiquita, ordered from me.

Dinner was an exciting affair! I do not have to eat in Vietnamese restaurants anymore!

I made my own version of Pho Bo.

Broth:

4 C. Beef or Chicken stock ( but I used 4 C. Water + 1 chicken bouillon)

1 pc. Cinnamon bark

2 pcs. Star anise

2 T. Thai Patis

2 T. Brown sugar

Put all the ingredients in a pot and let it boil then remove the star anise and cinnamon bark after 5 minutes.

Add...

Sliced boiled beef (refrigerate before slicing)

4 pcs. Meatballs, halved

Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes

Noodles:

50 g. 3 mm Rice noodles soaked for 5 minutes only in boiling water. Rinse with cold water then strain.

Put the noodles in the soup bowl. Top with the beef slices and meatballs. Pour hot soup.

Garnish with....

Bean sprouts, white onion slices, chopped bird's eye chili, basil leaves and half a lime.

Add as much hoisin and Sriracha sauces as you like.

Very, very easy to make and healthy too!

Thank you so much my darling minions!

You were such a huge, huge help to me!

The Wriggly Chronicles

Caught in the act!

He was trying to steal the new lipgloss Ompy gave me!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment