Saturday, September 24, 2016

Crab Fest

FGM, Ate Vi and I had a Crab Fest today!


We went to Dampa, Macapagal to buy crabs for paluto, take home and for cooking.

We bought 3.5 kilos of bakla crabs and had it cooked at Aling Tonya's - Special with oyster sauce.


Ohhhh! One kawali each and a spare!  We ate to our heart's delight.

Tahong Soup.


Inihaw na liempo.


FGM bought 5 kilos of crab and had it cooked the same way.


Vinnie bought crabs for Adobong alimango.  I volunteered to cook for her.


PD and Kuya asked me to buy for them.  They only like steamed crabs.


Or so I thought!  Kuya got from my own stash of alimango!

You see.... I am not really a fan of eating crabs.... except for the fat!

I bought 1 kilo of small female crabs.


Small because I know it would be bursting with lots and lots of the orange fat!

I actually only eat the aligue.

I gave Ate 1 whole crab and some claws.

When Kuya saw what I cooked, he also ate from my share but told him to get all the claws which I also do not eat.

It was a deadly, deadly piece of crab!  Lots of fat!


Ate wanted Chili crab but I do not have lee kum kee chili garlic sauce.... so instead... I cooked...

Crabs in Sriracha Butter Sauce!


1 K. female crabs, cleaned and trimmed

1/3 C. cooking oil

2 T. garlic, chopped

2 T. ginger, chopped

2 stalks of leeks, white part only cut into 2 inch length.  Set aside the green part for garnishing.

3 T. Sriracha butter (1:1 butter : sriracha)

Sauce:

1/3 C. Pantai oyster sauce

1 C. water

1 T. soy sauce

1 T. hoisin sauce

2 T. white sugar

2-3 T. Sriracha

Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl.  Try the sauce and adjust according to your taste. Set aside.

Heat the oil in the pan.

Saute the garlic, ginger and leeks until fragrant.

Add the crabs and cook until 50% done.

Add the sauce.  Simmer until crabs are cooked and sauce has been reduced to half.

Lastly, add the sriracha butter.

Season according to taste.

The Batcave was like a Dampa paluto today!  I enjoy cooking crabs for friends and family.  The most difficult part though is cleaning the live crab and opening it!  But I usually ask the vendor now to open the crab for me.

Between the 3 of us... we bought a total of 12 kilos more of less.

It was indeed a crab fest.











No comments:

Post a Comment