Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Chicken Curry with Condiments

I was exercising at the gym yesterday ... and while I was using the treadmill ... I think I was the only one tuned in to Asian Food Channel! They featured the different kinds of Biryani Rice and curry to go with it. So.... while I was "sweating" it out... my mind was already churning and churning... thinking of what kind of curry I am going to cook!



Hahahaha I think I am a little hopeless already .... there I was exercising but I was thinking of food!



My Grandmother used to serve Chicken Curry with lots of condiments.







Chopped boiled eggs






chopped kinchay








chopped raisins










chopped nuts









....and mango chutney. Since I ran out of chutney ... I used my homemade mango jelly.








For every spoonful ... it should have steamed rice, chicken, egg, kinchay, raisin, nuts and chutney... or in my case.. mango jelly... they all complement each other.







Chicken Curry


1/2 k. chicken leg and thigh, chopped

garlic

onion

1-2 T. fish sauce

1-2 tsp. curry powder

1 tsp. tumeric

1/2 C. water

1 cup thin coconut milk (2nd extraction)

1 Knorr chicken cube

carrot, cubed

potato, cubed

red pepper, cubed

thick coconut milk


Saute garlic and onions until light brown. Add the chicken pieces then the fish sauce and continue sauteing until half cooked. Add the curry powder... then after a minute ... deglaze with water. Add the thin coconut milk and chicken cube, when it boils .. drop the potatoes and carrots. Lower heat, cover and cook until the vegetables are done... then add the red pepper and thick coconut milk... stir continuously until you get the desired consistency. Serve with steamed rice and the condiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment