Saturday, August 20, 2016

Diner Theme Birthday Lunch

My birthday celebration with my family had a Diner theme today.

 

It is quite hard to think of what to cook for my birthday parties.  I want my guests to enjoy the food and for me to get excited, as well.

My hamburger patties were made from scratch.

 

Mini Hamburger Patties

1/2 K. Monterey ground round
1/2 t. Salt
1/2 t. Pepper
1/2 t. Onion powder
1/4 C. White onion, chopped

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.  Do not overmix or the patties will be tough.  Handle lightly and with care.

Divide into 8 portions weighing 75 grams each.

Pan fry and let it rest for a few minutes before putting it in the hamburger bun.

Johnsonville's Beddar Cheddar Sandwich

 

Condiments and fries

 

Fried Chicken

 

Boiled corn

 

Chili con Carne for the hotdog sandwiches

 

"Corn dog" was the favorite of everybody!

 

Goodness! I did not realize it was so hard to cook it.  As hard as tempura! I used the Maya Hotcake mix and reduced the amount of water from 3/4 C. to 1/2 C.  

 

I'm just not patient enough for it.  I could only fry six at a time and I think it took about 10 minutes per batch!

 

Ohhhh but my nephew, Renzo, loved it!

I even cooked it again tonight.  I ate 4 and gave him 3.

 

Rootbeer Float

 

Thank you, Maio for lending me your jars for the drinks!

 

Ate bought me Chocolate Sans Rival from Kitchen's Best.

 

Happy Birthday Everyday Lia!












2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Lia. Wish I could celebrate my birthday the way like you do hehe Anyway, I wish you more blessings and happiness in your life but most of all, good health...and more recipes I could learn from. And of course, more blogging from you. - Brent's mom

    ReplyDelete