Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Almond Roca Chocolate Cake with Salted Caramel Sauce

I am in my Chocolate Cake obsession phase of life. I think I have this craving every August.

I went to Starbucks earlier to eat a slice of cake but it was out of stock!

Hmph! I just made my own!

Almond Roca Chocolate Cake with Salted Caramel Sauce

Deep Dark Chocolate Cake ( Hershey's Cookbook)

I have this very delicious chocolate frosting recipe given to us by the classmate of my Ate way back in the 70's!

Chocolate Fudge Frosting

1/2 C. Butter

1/4 C. Cocoa

1 can Nestle condensed milk

16 - 20 pcs. Almond Roca, crushed

Thank you, Tita Medy for the Almond Roca!

Melt butter in a heavy bottom pan. Add the cocoa and stir until melted.

Add the condensed milk and stir over low heat until the frosting is glossy and dark. Use immediately.

Slice the cake into 3 or 4 layers. Spread frosting on the 3 layers and sprinkle with crushed Almond Roca.

Pile the cake layers on top of each other. Cover with fudge frosting all over. Sprinkle remaining Almond Roca on top. (Hmmm it does not look pretty but I assure you, it tastes heavenly!)

Salted Caramel Sauce (recipe from the net)

1 C. White sugar

6 T. (90 g.) butter cut into 6 pieces

3/4- 1 C. Heavy cream, depends on your preferred thickness of the sauce

1 t. Fleur de sel

Melt the sugar in a heavy bottom pan until amber colored.

Add the butter one piece at a time.

Pour the cream and continue stirring.

Add the salt.

Keep in a covered container.

I invited all my friends to come to my house so they could try it!

But they could not :(

It was so good! So moist and and not too sweet!

I know, I know, I know!

Mom said never to praise my own cooking (baking?) but I could not help myself!

It's my Birthmonth! Hahahaha! I can do whatever I want!

Happy birthday everyday, Lia!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment